Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

sos.ph - independent network token reseller

This subforum is both a place to find & discuss independent cryptostorm token resellers, as well as to discuss cryptocoin related topics such as buying bitcoins, altcoins such as darkcoins and dogecoins, "tumbling" coins, theoretical/mathematical topics, etc.

Topic Author
nageol

sos.ph - independent network token reseller

Postby nageol » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 am

Hello there,

Looking to purchase the first batch of Tokens to access the DARKNET!?

We are Secure Online Solutions, here to keep a reliable and secure separation between customer data and CryptoStorm. This is an effective way to keep you truly anonymous while purchasing and using the Darknet.

We accept Paypal, BTC and Dwolla.

Within these forums, there is info for obtaining and using BItMessage (forum thread on bitmessage here). This is the simplest method of comms and token distribution. If you do not want to use BM then truecrypt with an email and a SMS capable phone will be needed.

Our bitmessage address is:

Code: Select all

BM-2cXAAUWcNJ4mQFTXWQZkH7q8dYQH1E5hnM

If you are interested in purchasing Darknet Network Tokens, please email: tokens@sos.ph | bitmessages should be directed to the address listed earlier.

Using our email & bitmessage as comms channels is the most efficient and secure way to receive your token (at least as of now).

We offer Network Tokens and Reseller options!

If you're interested in becoming a reseller of Darknet Tokens, Please email us at: info@sos.ph

Please visit Secure Online Solutions at: http://www.sos.ph

We look foward to hearing from you!

DesuStrike
ForumHelper

Re: Purchase Network Tokens

Postby DesuStrike » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Hello nageol,

I want to step forward and welcome you in the community. I am happy to see the first reseller of Tokens here in the forums.

As one of the many potential customers around here I have a question about your offer and I hope you will answer it:

I see your prices are considerably higher than what the cryptostorm_team asks for their tokens. I don't know the prime costs for retailers and I'm not here to criticize your pricing. I'm just always interested in the reasoning of a salesman for offering their products for a different price (higher or lower) than most others.

While you have the freedom of asking any price you want, we have the freedom of choice where to buy our Tokens. So I'm looking forward if you can convince me that your offer is worth the extra amount of money.

Notwithstanding the above, I wish you lots of success with your business and thank you for being a part of the overall token based system.
home is where the artillery hits

Topic Author
nageol

Postby nageol » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Desustrike! :) You bring up a wonderful point, one in which took some great time deciding on particlar pricing models.

So basically NTs by nature, are most effective due to the fact that you can purchase them from any reseller with little or no drama or personal info needed (depending on payment type).

Now in refrence to our particular prices, we are hoping to be the stabilizing high price of the CryptoStorm Darknet, we have chosen these prices, really, for the sake of the future resellers.
We hope to provide individual solutions first and foremost, but in order for the network token ecosystem to truly support the resellers who are the backbone of the anonymity of the network, we must set the individual prices at a certain high so that there are attractable margins for resellers. While these prices way seem a bit higher, they really aren't, if you compare what all you get with the Cryptostorm Darknet compared to traditional VPN services.

We would love to be a main bulk supplier of NTs and offer them at a premium price for those wanting to turn the Darknet into a source of income. Want to sell bulk NTs? info@sos.ph

We want and love to hear feedback, we will reconsider the pricing models, but just keep in mind, these first intial sales and resells are the most important and if the token resellers make prices so low (just to get rid of tokens) we will deflate the market value, destroying any potential money gain for those who want to Resell.

If interested in purchasing network tokens, please email us at tokens@sos.ph

Bests Regards,

NageoL

SoS
info@sos.ph

DesuStrike
ForumHelper

Postby DesuStrike » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks for the promt reply!

I see. Because basically everybody could be a NT-Retailer the win margins must stay attractive for others to be willing to participate in the trade of NTs. Besides of B2C trades you also offer to be the supplier of those retailers. Didn't see it that way but now it makes sense. Thanks!
home is where the artillery hits

Topic Author
nageol

Postby nageol » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 am

Precisely! Thanks so much for your post! :)

So one of our main goals is to set up other Network Token Resellers, and with these pricing structures Resellers would be able to purchase and resell under our set prices at sos.ph and still make significant margins. We do not enforce prices, basically at the prices we are at, the numbers are still quite fair, and on par with the rest of the market. So this also protects the consumer, the prices will never be higher than what we offer because people will just come to us if someone is asking an unreasonable price. But if someone decides to purchase bulk NTs and sell them cheaper than we offer, by all means! :) This is what we want! We basically want to try to keep a stable ecosystem for the NTs, by not over charging customers and not undercutting our resellers margins. This system will maintain integrity with little or no intervention.

- The SoS Team
tokens@sos.ph

Topic Author
nageol

Re: sos.ph - independent network token reseller

Postby nageol » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:22 am

Hey there community! :)

We are currently offering Trial prices, to stimulate interest and ultimately bring in some interested resellers. We know these initial prices are high but they are there to benefit the reseller, who can then beat our prices making it more attractive for individual customers.

We want to make sure everybody understands, we are 100% separate from CryptoStorm (all customer data, (everything) is completely separate when you purchase through us. This also translates to the resellers who buy from us. We will ask for minimal information, depends how your method of payment. We are currently setting up [url]Dwolla[/url] options as well, if paypal is too much and BTC isn't an option.

We intend to add Darknet Token Tumbling to our list of services, and more than likely offering free tumbling for those who purchase year Tokens, and even making it readily available for our Resellers. Tumbling is the process of introducing a valid NT to a group of tokens where they are shuffled around (tumbled :P) and then a token of same value would then be redistributed to customer, scalable up to any size reseller as well. This will greatly benefit all customers, but for those who do not have the luxury to pay with BTC can rest assured that they will have a totally anonymous NT after being tumbled. That even if someone somehow intercepted all forms of comms, then tumbling would allow you to obtain a non-compromised NT.

We intend to have the Tumbling Solution available in the coming weeks, we will keep you updated. Rest assured your Security and Anonymity are the number one things on our priority list, the complete division between the Token distribution and the Darknet Backend is what makes this solution so valuable. We have worked with many other VPNs, and while many tell you on the front end that they keep no logs or data, yada yada yada, but they have servers in server farms, where those who are allocating the space can't be sure no logs are being taken however disconnected to the customers they are. In our unique case, the backend operates and owns their own servers and are quite vocal that they keep no logs of any kind. Since we don't control any of the logs of customer usage anyway, you can be confident there is no way to use the information you give us in any meaningful way. We have taken the Seppuku pledge just as our Friends over at CryptoStorm and are forever committed to never betraying our customers data no matter how useless it would be anyway.

SOS is here to offer the tools you need to protect yourself in this Post-Snowden Information Age.

Interested In Tokens? Email us at tokens@sos.ph

Interested in bulk tokens or want to become a reseller? Email info@sos.ph

Feel free to message me here to set up Comms or BM in above post is a great way to get in touch.

NageoL

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:30 am

I used SOS.PH for a token purchase via BTC using bitmessage. Very good service and I'm happy to have this kind of option to purchase VPN access.

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 am

Just bought one myself... waiting for the "6pm - 12 am Central" time zone to arrive... lmao

Pattern_Juggled

Postby Pattern_Juggled » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:47 pm

marzametal wrote:Just bought one myself... waiting for the "6pm - 12 am Central" time zone to arrive... lmao

One thing to keep in mind is that we encourage all token resellers to distribute tokens with either a manual process, or an automated process that is formally designed to ensure decoupling of data stores created during the process. We can't compel resellers to do so, nor do we warrant that they do (or engage in audits, etc.)... but we hope the member community asks questions about it, and encourages best practices.

Our token distribution process, internally, has embedded in it several manual steps. This is, occasionally, a pain in the ass for our team as we're spooling out tokens at all hours of day and night, and must synch up who is spooling what tokens. That manual inclusion means that someone seeking to retroactively (playback attack) reconstruct what token went to what network member must somehow model the manual step, as well. Good luck with that- humans are erratic and don't follow rules well in the best of circumstances. We're using that as a formal source for stochasticity, in this regard.

The downside can be that tokens don't go "on the wire" instantaneously when an order is received (for our in-house process, that is). There's a Gaussian shape to how fast they get shipped. Most within a few minutes, some take 10 or 15 minutes to get out, and from time to time an hour will go by (if one team member thinks another has already done it, etc.). This is the price paid for that unpredicability of token allocations... and we hope members agree that it's a reasonable price, given the hard-coded increase in systematic security gained as a result.
...just a scatterbrained network topologist & crypto systems architect……… ҉҉҉

✨ ✨ ✨
pj@ðëëþ.bekeybase pgpmit pgpðørkßöt-on-consolegit 'er github
bitmessage:
BM-NBBqTcefbdgjCyQpAKFGKw9udBZzDr7f

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 am

Are you still around SOS.ph? I've been seeing the message "Waiting for their encryption key. Will request it again soon" for about a week. My icon is yellow, but according to BitMessage FAQ it is not of concern. The Network Status tab shows numbers...

grystch

Postby grystch » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:07 am

marzametal, if icon is yellow it should work. I also bought from sos.ph several days ago and haven't heard back. My Bitmessage is green, so it's not a bitmessage problem, something going on with sos folks it seems. Mine says message sent, waiting for acknowledgement. Hopefully a good explanation, not fraud is the reason for this problem. :problem: I bought my very first token from them and made a mistake in the process and they were great about helping me, so this recent problem surprises me. :think:

cryptostorm_support
ForumHelper

Postby cryptostorm_support » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:06 am

grystch wrote: My Bitmessage is green, so it's not a bitmessage problem, something going on with sos folks it seems. Mine says message sent, waiting for acknowledgement. Hopefully a good explanation, not fraud is the reason for this problem. :problem: I bought my very first token from them and made a mistake in the process and they were great about helping me, so this recent problem surprises me. :think:

We'll be keeping an eye on this situation, but please let us know if/when you hear back from them. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but perhaps we'll give them a poke as well to see if we can get some light on this problem.
cryptostorm_support shared support team forum account
PLEASE DON'T SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES with support questions!
--> feel free to use any of our other contact channels, or post in the support forum
cryptostorm: structurally anonymous, token-based, unlimited ☂ bandwidth, opensource, darknet data security for everyone!
keybase.io validatorsonename.io validatorsPGP key @ MITnetwork statuscryptostorm github
support team bitmessage address: BM-2cTMH8K5JnjbfSALjZtSkRWCLfc3Tr8GBV
support team email: support@cryptostorm.is
live chat support: #cryptostorm

Graze

Postby Graze » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:21 am

We have had a request for a "rate the resellers" section, and that might be a good idea. If anyone has any issues contact support@cryptostorm.is and we'll at least try to keep track of any trends and might fast-track some sort of rating mechanism.

Thanks!
G
------------------------
My avatar is pretty much what I look like. ;) <-- ...actually true, says pj
WebMonkey, Foilhat, cstorm evangelnomitron.
Twitter: @grazestorm.
For any time sensitive help requests, best to email the fine bots in support@cryptostorm.is or via Bitmessage at BM-NBjJaLNBwWiwZeQF5BMLYqarawbgycwJ ;)

wax24

Postby wax24 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 pm

So these guys no longer selling or honoring purchases? That's just great i just sent them $9 BTC and they aren't acknowledging Bitmessages.

It's really cool how they left their website up to receive orders.

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:02 am

Yep, still no acknowledgement from them either... lucky, all I sent was an email this time... sorry to hear about the BTC wax24...

vpnDarknet

Postby vpnDarknet » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:49 am

Bad luck on the SoS guys not communicating and taking your coins; they sorted me out with my first token... although after a short delay.

Wax24, please respond to the BitMessage address I PM'd you, I'll send you on a token to get you online.

Cheers
v
Buy your tokens via vpnDark.net and cryptostorm cannot and does not know anything about users - no link between a token & purchase details
Unofficial Wiki cryptostorm access guide
Ways to talk to me

wax24

Postby wax24 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 am

Yea i ordered a 3 month token last time from them and got it fine via BM. I didn't even think to check if they had closed shop or something. Thanks for the replies guys.

grystch_

Postby grystch_ » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 am

cryptostorm_support wrote:
We'll be keeping an eye on this situation, but please let us know if/when you hear back from them. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but perhaps we'll give them a poke as well to see if we can get some light on this problem.

I meant to reply to this a long time ago but have ongoing problems posting when logged in using cryptostorm. (keep getting a message about flagged for spam) Then i forgot about this.
I will try to post more detail in the reseller review. SOS finally replied and said they had some problems with email and Paypal. weren't sure why bitmessage seemed not to be working. I ordered a 6 month token they gave me a year to make up for the problems. I verified it and its valid and yearly length. So my problem did get fixed but took about 3 weeeks or so.

~grystch, posting as guest since I can't post when logged in?

Desu

Postby Desu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Late reply but I have to:

1. Really great move vpnDarknet! I liked your attitude from day 1 onward and I'm happy to know you being a vital part of the CryptoStorm microcosm. Let me assure you that the next tranche of tokens I'll order will be placed at your shop. Though I can't promise you to make myself "visible" to you. ;)

2. This is an interesting issue that needs to be considered: Even though resellers are indeed independent parties they do use the name CryptoStorm, they sell access to this routing service and they usually will prominently display logos and other graphics related to CryptoStorm. If one of those starts scamming people it reflects badly upon both CryptoStorm itself and honest resellers. Unfortunately I don't see how one could stop such a bad guy... Maybe create a list where people can upvote and downvote resellers so if somebody decides to become a scammer it will become obvious quite fast and we can put him in a "Hall of Shame" that serves as a reference for "avoid at all costs"-websites.

3. I wonder about the abusive potential of a rouge reseller that has tons of Tokens at hand. Couldn't those be used on... lets say... a botnet of sorts that then starts pushing tons of AUTHENTICATED traffic through the exit nodes, effectively DDOSing the whole darknet? You can't just deauthorize all the tokens handed to that reseller because you don't know which ones were sold to legit customers. I don't know how token resells work on the B2B level either. Maybe it's not feasible to do such an attack because becoming a reseller is expensive at the investment stage.

Just some things that came to my mind when I read about sos.ph

hmm

Postby hmm » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 am

5 days and still no token. Though I did make the mistake and bought via paypal without reading the instructions (you don't get them until you email them first, not very intuitive.) They emailed me yesterday and I replied that I had paid and asked what I should do, it's been a day and I haven't received a response.

I'll wait and I'm sure they will deliver (after reading some of these posts it seems to be a habit), but it's really not a good way to do business to be running a reseller off the side of your desk and accepting paypal transactions and not delivering within 24 hours. Definitely won't be using them again if it's just a guy who's looking into it when he has free time to do so. (I know it's not lucrative yet to be spending more time on it, but really, you're creating a pretty poor reputation of yourself sos.ph, I hope it doesn't rub off on Cryptostorm because your posts are all over this forum.)

Return to “independent cryptostorm token resellers, & tokens 101”